DIAMONDS and Pearls, A tribute to Neil Diamond, Celine Dion and Friends, at the Barnyard Theatre.


Diamonds and Pearls showing at the Barnyard Theatre, was a tribute show that brought me back to my childhood, especially with the Celine Dion renditions. Hits like “My Heart Will Go On, The Power of Love, Alone, I Drove all Night, Beauty and The Beast, River Deep, Mountain High, Taking Chances, I’m Alive”, from Celine and “Beautiful Noise, Long Fellow Serenade, I am I said, America, Love on the Rocks, Song Sung Blue and Sweet Carolin”, from Neil.

It is always a pleasure to watch local artists, because it shows us how truly gifted our South Africans are with their musical talents. I really love going to any Barnyard show. The decor, for those who have never been to a Barnyard Show, is very rustic, with large wooden tables and chairs, with camping type lamps. You can order picnic baskets, oor order munchies, or just bring you own food and buy drinks there. There has never been a show to that I have been to that I didn’t enjoy. Mostly they are throwing it back to the good old days of music, but from time to time, they do some modern renditions that we have all come to know and love.

 Diamonds & Pearls features Johan Liebenberg as Neil Diamond and Janine Cupido and Elizca Coetzer as Celine Dion with Riyaan Cornelius and Jason Guile on lead male vocals supported by a 4-piece band.  I must say this was an unforgettable show, showcasing all the classics. There wasn’t a moment where i didn’t want to dance or sway. The singers, band and production was absolutely amazing!

Barnyard Rivonia: 18 Jan-10 March
Barnyard Silverstar: 19 Jan-11 March

Barnyard Gold Reef City: 3 Feb




No comments:

Post a Comment