They say life begins at 40…



Does life really begin at 40?  Riaad Moosa tries to figure this out with his hilarious one-man show, Life Begins - a snapshot into his life as a 40-year-old, a father of three kids, husband, comedian, actor and with all the current cultural and political issues thrown in.
Following a successful sold-out run in 2017, Riaad Moosa returns by popular demand for the last Johannesburg performance of Life Begins at the Auto & General Theatre on the Square in Sandton from 27 March to 7 April 2018.
Even though I am now 40, in many ways, I feel like I’m still crawling and I’m looking back at my journey from being an aspirational doctor, coming from a relatively conservative Muslim background, where both my parents were doctors, and how I actually journeyed to becoming a stand-up comedian,” says Riaad.

As an award-winning comedian, actor, writer and presenter, Riaad Moosa is one of South Africa’s most popular and acclaimed funny men and he happens to be a qualified medical doctor too.  Known as the “Comedy Doctor”, he certainly seems to have the remedy for the nation’s ills – a healthy dose of laughter, straight up – and hold the aspirin! 

 The show is very philosophical and existential.  It involves the normal issues of getting older while at the same time experiencing, at a maturity where I’m supposed to be wise, a world that is completely turned on its head – with Trump, with Brexit; In South Africa, the ‘State Capture’, ‘Fees Must Fall’. And it’s about how I negotiate all these things happening around me while trying to maintain a positive attitude.  Through my comedic lens, I hope to put a different spin on that and hopefully my next 40 years will be lived with renewed vigour and excitement,” Moosa adds.
 …he transforms a comedy act, something that can sometimes feel like an aloof experience, into an intimate evening.” – Bsharp Entertainment
“…he’s not quite sure where to go with all these noises in his head, but he’s still able to turn them into a laughfest for the rest of us.” – Weekend Special
The show is rated PG for language.  Tickets cost R200 and bookings can be made at Computicket online https://online.computicket.com/web/event/riaad_moosa_life_begins/1203517409/0/84312391
or by calling the theatre’s box office on 011 883 8606.  Performances are at 20h00. 
Another great production brought to you by Blu Blood.
Follow Riaad Moosa on Twitter (@RiaadMoosa) and Facebook (Riaad Moosa).

No comments:

Post a Comment