Snow White the Pantomime Only at Joburg Theatre! (REVIEW & COMPETITION)



Janice Honeyman’s 18th Pantomime, Snow White, is now showing at the Joburg Theatre. This year’s pantomime promises to have the whole family in stitches, bringing its expected humor, with a few jaw dropping moments to the famous family show!  (for those of you who don’t really know what a pantomime is or even what a Janice Honeyman’ Pantomime is, it’s a theatre production filled with acting and music, a spin on a musical if you will, that is normally a spin on a fairytale, that makes you laugh so hard it will give you stomach muscles and dance so hard your feet will need resting for a week!)

The cast of this year’s show brings some panto heavy weights back, along with introducing us to some new fresh faces with exceptional skill.

The thing I love about Janice Honeyman’s Pantomimes is that there is always a serious underlining matter that being brought forward by satirical humor. I enjoy this because it is bringing light to dark situations, thus bringing some lightness into our world. Then of course there are always those few naughty jokes, which you would only understand if you were old enough to do so. That’s always a huge plus!

Each year the shows bring something special and different to the last. I can almost name the special aspect to each show I have been too. For example the one year the was a laser show, another year there was a giant spider that came tearing down the theatre roof, another year there were smell cards where you rubbed the card and it smelt like either sweets or rotten food. This year there were two special aspects, without giving too much away, I’d like to highlight them; there was a figure skating scene and a 3D scene. I don’t want to say anything else because you have to see it for yourself, but I will say this…the 3D portion was unlike anything I have ever seen. I am not sure if it is because my brain doesn’t register it or what it is, but whenever I see a 3d movie it doesn’t seem real or like something will pop out at me, but this was so realistic that I actually ducked and dived quite a few times. Which was amazing!

Snow White is a must see! There are interactive scenes for the kids, the costumes are spectacular, the music is great, the humor is top notch and it’s just an overall great show for the whole family or for date night! Get your tickets now!!!

We have a great competition just for you!!!! We have 2 x family tickets to giveaway! So that’s 2 x 4 tickets up for grabs!( Friday the 23rd of November 2018).  All you have to do is click the link to enter, (like our social media platforms) comment for extra entries!

https://gleam.io/8feWG/snow-white-pantomime-ticket-giveaway




3 comments:

  1. This would be such an incredible opportunity. I have read such awesome write ups and would love to treat my family to this incredible show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The would be awesome to take my two grandkids to Snowwhite Pantomine. They would love it, and I love it to take them somewhere, they havent been, and learn them to love theatre as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lienkie61@gmail.com18 November 2018 at 07:01

    I would love to see Janice Honeyman's 18th Pantomine Snow White, with hubby and my two grandkids.

    ReplyDelete