Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood Review

Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood



On the 6th of November, I had the chance to go and see Janice Honeyman's Robin Hood Panto. Here are my thoughts on it...

I have seen every Panto for the last three years, and previously through school. I love seeing them every year. This year was different. It was by far my favourite. The humour was top notch amidst the political turmoil that is surrounding the world right now. I haven’t laughed so much in a long time. What I really loved, was that normally the Panto brings in a major technical aspect, like a helicopter, or a giant spider, and this year there were the normal cars being involved, but the cast and the story line made the show so great. Don’t get me wrong, I love the technical aspects that are always showcased during the show, but it shows that sometimes you can go back to basics and make an impression. Now let’s go back before I really put two feet in it. The stage, lighting and props were amazing...as always. My point is, that even if there were no amazing backdrops and the cast were wearing paper bags, the show would be amazing because of the content presented.

I would honestly recommend taking your kids, but not only kids would enjoy this, this show is amazing for all ages and is guaranteed to make you laugh and think about political issues in a different light. All ages, races, religions will enjoy this show.





Over 30,000 tickets had already been sold before the opening of  this year’s panto, so best to hurry and get yours now for South Africa’s most popular family entertainment tradition.  Tickets are available by visiting www.joburgtheatre.com or calling 0861 670 670, as well as through Webtickets and at Pick ‘n’ Pay stores. For group bookings of 10 or more, contact the theatre directly on 011 877 6853/6815.

For details of the full schedule and performance times, visit www.joburgtheatre.com


TWITTER HANDLE:

@joburgtheatre

HASHTAG:

#RobinHoodPanto

The following is the rating for the show: 17/20 BluBirds

Fun

Laughter

Production

Ticket Prices


No comments:

Post a Comment