Standing in the "Hall of Fame" with The Script

The most amazing Irish band, The Script, returned to South Africa for the third time and they were welcomed by South Africans as if it was their first time here. It was the first time I got to see them, the previous two times I wasn't able to see them. The first time around, I couldn't get tickets in time and the second they came on my birthday, and boy did I want to go see them on my birthday but my family had other plans. So my excitement reached an all time high when I was given the opportunity to attend the concert. 

We got to the concert that was being held at Time Square in Pretoria hosted by Big Concerts, just in time to get yummy food, drinks and get a photo taken at the photo booth. We took our seats, that were super close to the front, in high anticipation for the boys to come onto stage. 

When they lights went out and the music started, the crowd roared in excitement! Just then, the band started, what was possibly one of the best concerts I have attended and witnessed! ( I screamed so much I lost my already disappearing voice, because I was sick.)  

Here are the top 10 reasons why I loved the concert so much!
1. They performed brilliantly, as if it was the first time they were performing for South Africa
2. Not only did the lead singer and keyboardist  Danny O'Donoghue, keep going into the crowd to serenade the crowd personally, but the acoustic side of the band played two or three of there songs in the middle of the crowd, towards the back of the arena. ( this was most probably a logistical nightmare in terms of security, but it made the show AMAZING) I loved this because they loved to interact with the crowd. 
3. They had not one, but two confetti bombs come into the crowd, the one was green about three songs in and the second was white confetti at the end of the show. This gave the most incredible vibe!
4. They bought it back to their roots. The same song where green confetti exploded into the crowd, was a typical Irish sing and I LOVED IT!
5. They love South Africans. Time and time again they kept saying how much they loved coming here and loved the people. 
6. Their opening song, Superheros, included a South African choir that was also featured in their South African filmed music video. 
7. There were plenty of drink and food stands, as well as lots of photo booths. I say this because all too often you will go somewhere where they are not near enough food and drink stands and you stand in a line for an hour to get something to eat or drink. We hardly waited which was FANTASTIC! I LOVE LOVE LOVED the fact that there were photo booths because it is so uncommon for such a high end concert. 
8. Their merchandise was not overly priced. I loved that they had a variety of options for different sized wallets, so there was almost something for everyone to take home a souvenir, 
9. They played a lot of their loved songs from previous albums and tours, as well as their new songs. This was great, especially for those (like me) who hadn't seen them perform their favorites! 
10. They did not stop from the time they started to the time they left the stage. They kept up their energy, they were humble and they were AMAZING. 

I cannot compliment the band and the organizers enough. Everything about the show was magnificent and I could not have been more grateful either! If you missed out I am sure you have major FOMO, but don't stress, I have added some clips and some pics. 

Thank you so much to Dionne, Tam, Big Concerts, and The Publicity Workshop, you are all AMAZING, and I don't feel you are told that enough! 



























































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment